The Lady of the Lake, Lady Jacqueline Kariba houseboat, is a beautiful 65ft Cruiser with cabin capacity for 10 people . She is fully equipped and furnished with all the uncomplicated comforts that make a trip aboard her one of simple luxury. Her spacious interior and ample deck area invite you to sit back and enjoy the very best of the “Kariba Houseboat Experience” in Zimbabwe.
Based in Binga she will take you from Binga to the sandy beach of Nyembra Island. The Houseboat is available for self catered or fully catered charters.
- Minimum 4 and maximum 10 guests
- Twin Volvo Penta turbo inter-cooled main engines with a 17Kva silent run generator.
On Board Equipment:
- She is fitted with Garmin GPS navigational equipment as well as depth finders.
- The galley is equipped with microwave oven, deep freeze and fridge.
- There are two chest deep freezers and a triple bar fridge on the upper deck.
- The saloon has two ice makers and a bar fridge.
- Spacious upper deck with bar area, sunbathing deck and dining area
- The saloon is fully air conditioned. It has a DVD home theatre, colour TV, video and a CD player. A selection of natural history books, novels, videos, CD’s, DVD’s, board games, cards etc. are available
- 2 Double Cabins en suite (shower, toilet and hand basin) – Air Conditioned
- 1 Bunk Cabin Twin bunk beds Pullman style (2 Beds)
- 1 Bunk Cabin with 2 sets of Bunk Beds Pullman style (4 beds)
- Separate Bathroom (Shower, toilet and hand basin)
- Limited mattresses and mosquito nets for those who wish to sleep on the top deck.
- Includes an 18 ft tender with 90hp Yamaha engine for Game Viewing, Fishing and Sunset Cruises. Can carry 10 pax.
- An additional tender – 18 ft speed boat with 90 hp Yamaha & awning – can be arranged (at an extra cost)
Due to the fact that nothing can be guaranteed in Zimbabwe we cannot give specific meal plans as these do change on a daily basis depending what is available in the country.
The following is an idea of what is normally prepared:
Muffins and cereals
Clients will then leave for early morning fishing or game viewing
Breakfast, Brunch or lunch
On return a brunch will be served consisting of bacon and eggs, chefs special for the day, savoury mince, toast etc.
If the clients would prefer to have a full breakfast first thing in the morning this is no problem.
If clients have early morning breakfast and then want lunch, this is fine. Lunch would normally be something like a pasta, cold meat and salads, fish and chips, steak etc.
Afternoon tea/coffee cake or biscuits
The tender boat will then be prepared again with a cold box and clients can go fishing again and game viewing until sunset.
On return a selection of savoury snacks will be served
Dinner will normally consist of a soup or cold starter, roast, braai or steak (once again depending what is available at the time) roast potatoes and vegetables in season. This is followed by dessert, either; apple tart and cream, malva pudding, caramel tart or fruit salad etc… Tea/Coffee
- PAYMENTS: Banking details will be displayed on the issued invoice. ZWS / USD payments: The equivalent Rand payment (at agreed rate of the day) to be made.
- CREW: The Lady J’s crew being a captain deckhand & chef. The crew have their own crew quarters with ablution block
- THE VESSEL IS CAPTAIN DRIVE ONLY. Your own boat may be towed behind “Lady Jacqueline” – entirely at your own risk provided a maximum of two tender boats are towed at any one time.
- FISHERMAN: If you are a keen fisherman, bring your own rods, tackle and bait. Kapenta, bait for tiger, can be organized for you from an outlet in Binga.
- Limited fishing tackle is available for hire from the crew at an approx. cost of R50 per person, per day.
- ADDITIONAL TENDER BOATS: can be arranged at the pre-paid approx. cost or R250 per boat, per day.
- THERE IS AN H2O WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEM on the vessel and it delivers “okay” water. It is still recommended that bottled water be used for drinking purposes and this can be purchased on board, strictly subject to availability.
- BOARDING TIME: Moored at Binga. Boarding at 1pm. Disembarkation: 10 am.
- LAKE USAGE FEE: These levies are not included in your prepaid charter fees and are additional charges for your account. The levies will be payable by you to the National Parks official that may intercept the cruiser on exiting the Harbour.
From Bulawayo head to Vic Falls at the 285km peg turn right onto Kamativi road for 148km. Then look on right for two concrete gateposts sign posted “Masumu lodge” and “Chilila lodge”. Follow the road to Masumu. for approx. 2.9km . Go through the gates tell the guard you want Lady Jacqueline. Follow the signs to the harbour Lady J is the last boat on the left.
1. Bulawayo 0 m
2. Get on Old Khami and drive east 608 m 608 m 0:00:00 196° true
3. Turn left onto Main 2.6 km 2.0 km 0:02:57 105° true
4. Turn right onto Road 285 km 282 km 2:59:41 311° true
5. Road 434 km 149 km 3:43:25 0° true
From Vic Falls
From Vic Falls: head to Hwange for 155km look for Kamativi turn off on left follow this road for 148km. Then look on the right for two concrete gate posts sign-posted “Masumu lodge” and “Chilila lodge”. Follow the road to Masumu. for approx. 2.9km . Go through the gates tell the guard you want Lady Jacqueline. Follow the signs to the harbour Lady J is the last boat on the left.
1. Victoria Falls 0 m
2. Get on A8 and drive west 200 m 200 m 0:00:00 339° true
3. Turn left onto Road 100 km 99.4 km 1:03:09 119° true
4. Turn left onto Road 185 km 85.5 km 2:08:19 69° true
5. Road 267 km 82.0 km 2:03:01 316° true
Self-drive clients can park the vehicles at Masumu Lodge at their own risk
(Weather and time permitting):
Arrival Day: Cruise to Nyembra Island where a lovely sandy beach & braai awaits you
Second Day: Cruise to Senkwe, where tiger fishing is to die for!
Third Day: Cruise to Diamond fishing camp where brilliant bream and tiger are waiting and the game viewing is good.
Final Day: Make you way back to the harbour, enjoying game viewing & exploring by tender boat, fishing or just relaxing on deck.
The gap between the two islands in the bottom left corner is where sandy beach is.
Masuma is up the river to the far bottom left of the picture.
The first river coming into the lake in the middle (bottom) is the Senkwe and the one on the far right is the Ruze
For a trip to Senkwe it is about a 4,5 hours cruising one way. The Ruze is 7 hours one way.
These are the two BEST spots to visit, as both are big river tributaries into the lake,
which means good game viewing and excellent fishing!
Please contact your Flame of Africa sales consultant
Or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +27 31 762 2424
Fax: +27 31 762 2402
FLAME OF AFRICA TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY